Thursday, August 23, 2007

You've got to be kidding me...

Kim and Brooke convinced me to create a blog and I finally had something semi-exciting to post about (mine and Joel's new apartment), but that will have to be another time because I have something else to post. Here's my frustrating story...

I was driving to meet Joel at our new apartment to sign the contract. He was just getting off work and I was leaving from his families house in Layton (I hung out there all day after seeing the apartment that morning). Rob was going to come with me to see the apartment and then we were going to meet up with Renae for dinner. Thank goodness she suggested dinner!!! Since she did, Rob just came in my car and was going to ride back with Renae. Brent and Mike also came with us.

We were heading south on Highway 89 and getting onto the ramp to merge onto I-15 and were stopped in traffic. It was stop and go and so frustrating! 25 minutes later we were still making our way on the on-ramp... and then my car died! Can I just say I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR FAMILY!!! The check engine light popped on and my car just turned off. I couldn't get it to start again, so Brent and Mike jumped out and pushed my car as much on the shoulder as they could (there's construction going on, so it was hard to get very far off). Can you imagine what I would've done if I had been in my car alone?! The jerk behind me started honking and yelling at us (what the heck... he was mad he couldn't drive ahead 10 feet just to be stopped again?).

So yeah... my car is dead. Someone from my in-laws ward saw them on the side and stopped to help. They gave me a ride to meet Joel in Woods Cross so we could sign the contract before the place closed (I was supposed to be there at 6pm... it was almost 7 and that's when the guy is done with work). Rob, Brent and Mike stayed behind with the car to see if it just needed to cool down. Turns out it didn't. Renae picked them up and they all met us at the apartment and then we went to Lorena's for dinner.

It was close to 9 by this point and we went back to the car. We got it towed to a place in Centerville and spent the night in Layton. Today I'm just waiting in Layton for them to call and tell me what's wrong. I so so hope it doesn't cost too much! We just put down a deposit on an apartment (that's more expensive than our last one since it's 2 bedroom) and we have my tuition to be paying for, extra gas money while we drive back and forth moving, and a baby coming. We really really don't need this right now. I'm just a bit frustrated.

But with all that it has made me appreciate my in-laws even more. I've always loved them, but this has just made me so much more grateful for them and how helpful they are. I truly am lucky to have married into such a great family!

1 comment:

Bennett Family said...

Sorry your car broke down. But like you said.... I also am glad that you have such great in-laws! Let me know when you hear the verdict on your car. Love ya!