Saturday, February 27, 2010

3rd Anniversary!

Our 3rd wedding anniversary was this year (February 9th). Joel was in charge of planning it. He had different plans at first, but had to change them once it became apparent there was no way Logan was going to take a bottle. The new plans were really fun! He did a great job!

He took the day off work and we spent the first half of the day ("1st Leg") with the kids. I realize it might seem weird to some people that Joel chose to have our kids with us on our anniversary, but really, it just shows how well he knows me. I love spending time alone with him, but I also love when we have a chance to do fun activities as a family. After the 1st leg, we went home for naps and to get ready for the second half, which was just the 2 of us. Perfect day! Here's how it went...

1st Leg

Part 1: Denny's
This was the only part of the day I knew was going to happen. Everything else was a surprise until we got there. As part of a SuperBowl promotion, Denny's was giving away free Grand Slams. We went thinking it would be a long wait. It wasn't. We waited maybe a minute. Maybe less. The service was professional and efficient and the food was excellent! And all it cost us was what we tipped! Logan did really well the whole time and Kaylee was especially a fan of Denny's.


Part 2: Living Planet Aquarium
Love this place! I kept guessing where we were going and never once thought of this. It's the neatest place! My favorite animal (penguin) is now sharing that position with a new favorite: the seahorse. So cute! (I'll be going back sometime after March because they're getting penguins at that time.)
I think Joel and I were as impressed as Kaylee, if not more so. Logan was really well-behaved again. My favorite parts were the sting-rays (we got to touch them- I felt like a little kid doing it because I thought it was so cool, yet I freaked out when I actually touched them), the seahorses, jellyfish, octopus, and pipe fish. So cool!

Part 3: Carl's Jr.
We went straight from the aquarium to lunch. It was good food and it was really fun to watch Kaylee in the play place. There was a cute older girl (maybe 5) who was helping Kaylee figure out how to climb up some parts. There was a spot that was too high for her, so the girl asked her little friend (probably 4) if he could help. The girl was above pulling on Kaylee and the little boy was grabbing her legs and trying to push her up. Kaylee had no clue what the boy was trying to do and kept saying, "let go, let go." Very funny to watch. In the end, she didn't make it up, but she did make some new friends and had a great time. Logan did excellent again.


2nd Leg
Dropped the kids off with Joel's parents.

Part 4: Maddox Steakhouse
Wow! Seriously, wow! Joel's family always raves about this place, but I thought they loved it so much because they had good memories associated with it. I had no idea how much I'd love it! I got a filet mignon (heaven), but would have been raving about the place even if I'd only tried the veggies and mashed potatoes. Great, now I'm craving it...


Part 5: Logan Temple
I've never been to the Logan temple before, so we did a session up there for the final activity of our day. What a beautiful temple and perfect way to end our day!

The whole day was wonderful and Joel was so sweet to plan it all. (STOP READING IF YOU DON'T LIKE MUSHINESS) I am the luckiest girl in the world to have found such a thoughtful, handsome, amazing man who treats me so well. I love my life with him!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun day!

bryce and paige said...

wow! What a fun day, priceless. And what an amazing planner your husband is, i'm so impressed! Happy Anniversary!

bryce and paige said...

AND did I mention how CUTE you look in EVERY single picture, just darling.

Manae27 said...

Great day! Cute couple! The mushiness at the end got me verklemped! (funny the spelling dictionary couldn't find that word! Go figure!;)

Heidi said...

That sounds like a great day! I really want to go to the aquarium some day. And your food looked great!

Sara Ann said...

Awesome, I have wanted a pet seahorse for a while, I would name him Charlie, like "Charlie horse". Get it? Ha ha. I think they are awesome because the males have to be pregnant. We went to an aquarium in NZ that had penguins, the babies were so cute and fuzzy:)

Jessica said...

Congratulations, three years! Wow!