Okay, not really, but there was a fire.
Tuesday night Joel and I went to Denny's around 10:30. I got some hot chocolate (which they now put in a fancy little glass cup thing instead of a boring mug... it looked very pretty) and bacon cheese fries (yum!). Joel got a strawberry lemonade (the good kind with real strawberries and not just some flavoring squirted in) and a hamburger that had hashbrowns and an egg on it (it fits Joel so well you'd think he'd invented it). Kaylee had a pacifier.
We really enjoyed ourselves and our first time going out to eat since Kaylee was born. We got a box for our leftovers and were just finishing up when Joel noticed people pointing out the door. Our cars (yes, 2 cars... we met up there after I spent the day at my families and he had some Quick Wits shows) were parked right outside of the doors, so Joel went to check to make sure everything was okay. Turns out there was an electrical fire in one of the lights in between the glass doors.
We could smell it at that point and it smelled horrible! There weren't many people in Denny's that late (it was a little after 11 at this point). There were maybe 4 employees and less than 10 customers. The employees called 911 and were running around trying to figure out what to do. One of the customers was giving orders (turn off the lights, get everyone out, etc.). He was nice and told us we better get our baby out so she didn't have to smell the smoke. They turned out the lights and were getting everyone out. They said we didn't have to pay and they'd take care of it, but Joel felt bad and paid anyway.
So that's how we almost died. It's not actually that exciting of a story, but I found the whole thing to be quite funny and thought I'd share.