I've been a really bad blogger lately. I've actually been feeling much better (pregnancy-wise, I now have a bad cold) and as a result I've been working on tons of projects that keep me busy all day. Also, it doesn't help that Kaylee loves the computer and won't let me be on it for long before wanting to get on herself, at which point I can't get anything computer-related accomplished. At the moment she's being distracted by some music in her room and I'm not sure how long that'll last so here's a quick update:
1. Like I said, I'm feeling much better. It's great! I'm 16 1/2 weeks now. I have a little baby bump. I'm at the stage where people who don't know I'm pregnant will be wondering if I am or if I've put on some extra weight.
2. I had an awesome birthday this year! Joel was really sweet and surprised me a ton. He got me a Chi hair straightening iron and took me shopping in Park City. It was a really fun day! He pampered me all day, surprised me with a yummy fresh fruit bowl for breakfast, and brought me flowers that evening. It was a great day!
3. Joel also had his birthday. I'm not as good at surprises as he is, but I still think it was a lot of fun. We sort of spread the celebration over a few days since his birthday was on a Monday this year. We ate out at 2 of his favorite places and watched movies.
4. Kaylee is as cute as can be (I can say that right now because she's reading in her room and occasionally dancing to the music). She's gotten major attitude the past few weeks. I'm loving that the weather is warming up because it really helps to be able to take her outside to get her energy out. She is talking a ton and I can actually understand some of it. She loves exploring and driving grocery cart cars when we go shopping. Even with her tantrums, she really is an angel.
5. And here's what you've all probably been waiting for:
I'm not sure what to do with a boy, but we're excited!