- I got almost 100% on my actual driving test for drivers ed according to my instructor, but he wouldn't give me that high of a score because of my previous times driving with him. On those previous drives I was in the car with 2 guys I knew well (Seth Howell and David Sheeran) and I knew the instructor well (Mr. Hiatt- he was my adviser when I was on student counsel). The whole time I was driving all 3 of them decided it would be fun to talk about what bad drivers girls are and how girls shouldn't be allowed on the road. It didn't help that I didn't have much driving experience before getting in the car with them (my dad tried to take me driving, but I didn't really have much interest), so I really wasn't very good. When I took my actual driving test I was in the car with 2 girls I knew well (Megan Studley and Melissa Wiarda). They were both so sweet and it was fun being with them, therefore I did everything almost perfectly. Because of that experience I had a social phobia while I was driving for a few years. I hated driving with people in the car that I didn't know well. I'd get all psyched out that they'd think my driving was bad and then it would be. Don't worry... I'm over that. Anyone can ride with me and I'm great (except in the snow).
- I want to start a wedding decorating/catering business. I love going to wedding receptions to look at the cute ideas people can come up with. I'm hoping my sisters will let me help out a ton in planning their weddings because I'm not so sure I'll ever actually start a business. That's just a bit stressful because everything has to be perfect.
- I can be really passionate about something one day, care less about it the next, and then get all passionate about it again a few weeks later. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. I'm thinking that for Joel it's probably a good thing. I can get pretty annoying when I get hooked on a new topic and I'm sure he appreciates the breaks.
- I love love love making fun treats! Half the time I can't eat them, so I make Joel taste them to make sure they're edible. But then I worry that he was just being nice when he says they're good, so I worry the whole time others are eating them that they taste funny or aren't perfect. The only treats I'm confident about (for the most part) are some delicious cake treats that I'm going to post about one of these days. They're amazing! Oh, and I love sharing the treats, so come visit me or invite me to a party and I'll probably bring some along.
- I performed a c-section on a potato bug (aka: roly poly, soy bug, woodlouse, etc.) when I was little. I kept the mama and baby bugs as pets in an ice cream bucket, but didn't know how to feed them so they all died :(. I later found another pregnant potato bug. I didn't perform surgery on this one, but I did keep it. They all died again :(. It was sad.
- I'm excited to own a minivan. Yes, that's right... a minivan. I don't want an SUV. When we have enough kids to need a bigger vehicle I want a minivan with the awesome doors that open with the touch of a button and that have tons of storage under the floor. At the moment, that is my dream car (am I a dork or what?).
- Here's another dorky one: When I was little I loved to sing and dance to Disney CD's. My favorite was Beauty and the Beast. I would always use a barstool as a prop to jump over and swing my legs over while I danced.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Finally doing the tag
Awhile ago I got tagged by Naomi and Paige, but I could never think of 7 "random and/or weird" facts, so I didn't do it. Well, Kim got after me about not updating our blog enough, so I brainstormed and came up with some stuff. Here ya go:
Posted by Bethany at 4:45 PM