Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back to Reality and Bills

Wow. These last few months have been a bit crazy. With Beth's sister's family here for most of last month and my sister's family here for most of this month, lately we have been constantly travelling, constantly busy, constantly fighting traffic, and constantly having fun.

It's been great and we're going to miss having them around. However, with all this fun and travel (curse you, gas prices!!!) we went a little over our budget. Whoops. So now it's time to cinch up our belts and start getting back in the habit of saving again.

Luckily, I was reading a friend's blog and I found this video. It helped us. And I think it will help you, too (just click on the play button):



So, that's that. I guess Beth and I aren't going to get a Wii, TiVO, a laptop, StarCraft, cable, a dog, Captain Crunch, an HD flat-screen TV, new pants, a NetFlix subscription or a wave runner this month.

We'll see about next month's budget, though. . .

5 comments:

Tyler, Thais said...

Joel! Copy cat! ;)

Jay said...

What no Cap'n Crunch that's just not right I tell you.

Shaina said...

You don't need Netflix if you have a library card! (although the library doesn't mail them to your house. But, hey, it's free and free is good).

Bethany said...

Yeah, we love getting library movies. I just returned 2 today. :)

The Woolley's said...

I say get Starcraft as soon as it is out. I know I will be

Dave